WHAT KIND OF CHURCH IS THIS?
Word for the World Community Church is an Apostolic Faith church. What does that mean? It means we are a part of those churches in the Pentecostal-Holiness tradition. As such we have certain core beliefs. They are:
- We believe that Jesus is God Incarnate. He is the only Savior of men and His blood is the only atoning sacrifice for sin.
- We believe there is but one, true living God in three manifestations – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible is the infallible, inerrant Word of God and is authoritative in matters of faith and doctrine.
- We believe in water baptism by immersion in the Name of Jesus Christ according to Acts 2:38.
- We believe that believers should receive the in-filling of the Holy Ghost as the apostles and believers did on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:4).
- We believe that prayer should be offered to God in the name of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that members should abstain from the use of alcohol, tobacco and profanity. They should also be very selective in the forms of entertainment and amusement in which they participate.
- We believe that all members should support the church by their attendance, prayers and gifts. (Tithes and offerings are God’s appointed means of supporting the church and its ministry.)
- We believe the church is on earth to witness to the saving grace of God, and to win souls through evangelization.
- We believe that the charismatic gifts of the Holy Spirit ( tongues, prophecy, healing etc.) have not ceased, but are operative in the Church today.